9.01.2012

In between frames. Unpolished moments.


If you're anything like me you don't stop shooting in the "in between" moments of your photo shoots. I keep my camera handy and I find that the images I seem to like, in addition to the target images that we're all working for, are the moments in between the serious shooting.

Renae, on the right, was my studio manager back in the go-go days of the 1990's.  We worked nearly every day as a team.  Amy, on the left, was one of Renae's good friends. When we finished with paid assignments we often spent time just making images for fun.  Or for someone's portfolio.

This particular day was the first time that Amy and I worked together. I was suggesting something or answering a question when I took this random frame. I don't expect anyone else to understand it but I've always thought it was humorous. Amy's stoic look.  Renae's half caught comment.

Leica R 8 and 80mm Summilux. Agfa 25 APX film. Scanned.

3 comments:

Wolfgang Lonien said...

Wonderful indeed...

Jon H said...

Really enjoying looking at your black and white film based photography. Although I love your 6x6 portraits, I'm really enjoying your 35mm. Do keep posting more. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

You are having more than your quota of fun.