6.11.2010

It's friday. All I can think about is swimming.

There's this moment when you push off the wall in a perfect streamline and the water is rushing past all around you.  It's the closest that human beings come to flying.  Shut down your computer.  Leave the office and find a pool.  Jump in and push off the wall with your hand locked together and your arms stretched over your head.  Keep you head in line with your body and push off hard.  Point your toes after the push off.  Then feel the glide.  You'll never want to go back to work.

Speedo Vanquisher Optical Goggle, Smoke, 5.5

4 comments:

Silvertooth said...

After feeling the glide I feel myself hitting the bottom of the pool!! The lifeguards at our pool (alomost all of them my former students--in it self a bit nerve racking) refer to me as Rocky. They say that is the best way to describe my swimming style! Back to studying for the State of Texas Principal Exam!

Anonymous said...

Swimming butterfly gives me the sensation of flying but pushing off the wall is a good close second.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

I love a good fifty fly as much as any one but a good, long streamline with three or four dolphin kicks......sexy fast.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Just back from the pool. New googles. From Tyr, called "Socket Rockets". Small, low profile. Good performance. 3 pm on a sunny Texas Friday afternoon. The club's pool was empty. I had two lifeguards and 250,000 gallons of clean, cool water to myself.